- 1 Useful properties of blackcurrant jam
- 2 How to make blackcurrant jam
- 3 Blackcurrant jam recipes for the winter
- 4 Terms and conditions of storage
- 5 Conclusion
A simple blackcurrant jam recipe is the most popular way to prepare vitamins for the winter. A sweet dessert rich in nutrients is loved by all families. But more often they use proven methods. The article will help to diversify the taste of the preparation and introduce new notes of aromas. By adding various berries and fruits, you can diversify your usual winter evening with a cup of tea and homemade cakes.
Useful properties of blackcurrant jam
Jam from ripe black currant berries belongs to the classics of preservation from sweet products. People harvest it, relying not only on taste.
Here are some of the benefits:
- recipes without cooking allow you to preserve vitamins and stabilize the hematopoietic process, reducing the risk of heart and vascular diseases;
- a few spoons a day will fill the body with the necessary substances that can fight colds, strengthening the immune system;
- black currant berries prevent the development of diabetes mellitus;
- moderate consumption of sweet treats has a positive effect on the liver and kidneys;
- helps the digestive system;
- jam from these berries is an excellent prevention of oncology.
As with any other berry, you should check the body for allergic reactions.
How to make blackcurrant jam
The process of making jam from black currant is not difficult.
There are several subtleties that the hostess needs to know:
- It is better to select ripe fruits, since overripe ones can ferment.
- The berry must be sorted out carefully, removing debris and leaves.
- Rinse the currants under running cold water by placing them in a colander. You will have to dry it only for the cooking method, when there is no need for heat treatment.
- To obtain jam, the prepared composition is boiled down to a thick state. Sometimes gelling agents are used to achieve thickening. But berries contain a sufficient amount of pectin, which is responsible for this process.
- In order to get rid of the tough skin and bones, the composition must be rubbed through a sieve.
For cooking, it is better to take dishes with wide edges (for example, a basin) so that the moisture evaporates faster. Do not use aluminum, which reacts with acids and forms harmful substances.
Blackcurrant jam recipes for the winter
Below are the most popular ways to make delicious blackcurrant jam for the winter. They differ not only in composition, but also in heat treatment. You can choose any one you like and prepare a wonderful sweet preparation for the winter. Or maybe more than one!
A simple blackcurrant jam recipe
The people call this option for making jam "five minutes", because that is how much it will take to withstand the prepared composition on the stove.
- granulated sugar - 1.5 kg;
- black currant - 1.5 kg.
A simple way to make jam:
- The berry must first be processed by removing leaves, twigs and debris. Wash and transfer to a convenient dish.
- It will need to be crushed. For this, a blender or a simple crush is suitable.
- Add sugar, stir and leave for a quarter of an hour, covered with a towel to prevent insects from getting in.
- On a small flame, bring to a boil, removing the foam, cook for no more than 5 minutes.
Pour the hot composition into sterilized glass jars and seal tightly.
Seedless black currant jam
The workpiece will have a nice translucent color.
- black currant - 2 kg;
- sugar - 2 kg.
Workpiece preparation process:
- Grind the prepared fruits with a blender and rub with a wooden spatula through a sieve. You can cook compote from the cake.
- Bring the resulting mass to a boil on the stove over a low flame, stir constantly.
- Add granulated sugar and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Pour into a glass dish.
Cool at room temperature and refrigerate for storage.
Blackcurrant jam in a slow cooker
The method will help to reduce the time spent.
The composition of the jam will change slightly:
- ripe fruits - 500 g;
- sugar - 700 g
A step-by-step guide to making jam:
- Mix the sorted and washed black currants with granulated sugar. Wait for the juice to drain.
- Transfer the mass to the multicooker bowl. Set the mode "Jam" or "Milk porridge" for 35 minutes and close.
- After a quarter of an hour, grind the composition with a blender.
- After the signal, the jam should acquire the desired consistency.
Arrange hot in jars and cool.
Frozen blackcurrant jam
This simplified jam recipe will help you in winter when you run out of supplies.
Prepare the following products: currants (black, frozen) and sugar - in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Sprinkle frozen fruits with granulated sugar and leave overnight.
- In the morning, when the berries give juice, grind with a blender. Housewives, who do not have it, pass the mass through a meat grinder.
- Boil on fire to the desired consistency. Usually check by dropping on a saucer. The composition should not flow.
It remains only to move the workpiece into a convenient container and cool.
Blackcurrant jam without boiling
In order to make blackcurrant jam without heat treatment, you will need to add a preservative to the composition. So the preparation will preserve all the taste and useful qualities.
- granulated sugar - 3 kg;
- ripe berries - 2 kg.
All cooking steps:
- Make mashed potatoes from black currant berries. A meat grinder or blender is suitable for this.
- Add sugar, stir and leave for 6 hours, be sure to cover with a towel.
- During this time, the crystals should dissolve if constantly stirred.
- Some people still bring the composition to a boil over low heat, but you can just move it into jars, and pour a little sugar on top, which will prevent the jam from interacting with oxygen and keep the food fresh.
Send the workpiece for storage.
Blackcurrant jam for the winter with orange
The modern method of conservation will help not only to diversify the taste, but also to supplement the vitamin composition.
- black currant - 1 kg;
- ripe orange - 0.3 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1.3 kg.
Cook as follows:
- Put the currant sprigs in a colander, rinse with plenty of water and separate the black berries in a convenient bowl.
- Peel the orange, remove the white peel, which will give bitterness.
- Pass everything through a meat grinder 2 times. Squeeze the cake through cheesecloth.
- Stir in sugar and put on medium heat. After boiling, reduce power and boil for half an hour.
- Arrange in prepared containers.
It is better to store this blank under tin lids, tightly sealing the jars with them.
Black currant jam with strawberries
By adding a sweet berry to a sour berry, you can get a new unforgettable taste.
- black currant berry - 0.5 kg;
- ripe strawberries - 0.5 kg;
- sugar - 0.7 kg.
Instructions for making jam:
- Remove the stalks from strawberries only after washing. Rinse the currants and remove from the branches.
- Grind red and black berries with a blender. Cover with sugar.
- Put on medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove and let stand.
- Repeat the procedure. This time, you will need to boil the composition for about 3 minutes, removing the foam.
- Sterilize jars and lids.
Spread the jam, turn the dishes upside down and cool.
Black currant jam with gooseberries
Another proven method that will impress guests and the whole family.
The ingredients for the jam are simple:
- black currants and sweet gooseberries - 1 kg each;
- granulated sugar - 2 kg.
Algorithm of actions:
- Pour the berries with water in a large container to make it easier to remove all the debris that will surely float up.
- Now you need to remove the fruits from the branches and remove the stalks.
- With an immersion blender, achieve a puree consistency. Stir and, if necessary, repeat the grinding steps.
- Add granulated sugar and cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- After boiling, a foam will form on the surface, which must be removed.
- Let stand for a quarter of an hour and bring to a boil again.
Now you can put it in clean glass jars. Cool upside down.
Terms and conditions of storage
Boiled jam made from properly prepared black currant berries can be stored for up to 24 months if you put the prepared jars in the underground or in the cellar. It should be borne in mind that it is the tin lids that tightly seal the cans that extend the period.
Freshly grated berries with sugar should be stored only in the refrigerator. The composition will remain unchanged for 6 months. Then the jam will begin to lose its properties.
A simple recipe for black currant jam is in every housewife's cookbook. The preparation will help saturate the body with vitamins in winter and prepare delicious pastries at home, using the product as a filling and additives to the cream. Some people just like to make fruit drinks with a pleasant taste and color.