- 1 Rules for the preparation of kombucha for a 3 liter jar
- 2 Kombucha recipes for 3 liters
- 3 How to pour kombucha into a 3 liter jar
- 4 How much should a kombucha stand in a 3-liter jar
- 5 Conclusion
It is very simple to make 3 L kombucha at home. This does not require any special ingredients or complex technologies. The simplest components that can be found in the kitchen cabinet of any housewife are enough.
Rules for the preparation of kombucha for a 3 liter jar
Kombucha or jellyfish (scientific name) outwardly looks like a round thick film of white-brown, yellow or pink hue, reminiscent of a jellyfish. The main conditions for the development of the body are the presence of sugar and tea leaves. It doesn't matter what kind of sugar is used: regular sugar, fructose or glucose.
Another feature of the medusomycete is its minimal consumption of tea brewing components. It does not absorb tannins, does not take on aroma and has the color of tea infusion.
There are a number of rules that will help you prepare the most healthy drink, as well as allow you to properly cultivate the mushroom base:
- Medusomycetes are kept in a deep glass container with a volume of 3 liters.
- Cookware made of metal, including stainless steel, cannot be used.
- The can with the drink is stored in a darkened place with ventilation, but without drafts.
- The optimum temperature for the growth of kombucha is 25 ° C (when the indicator is below 17 ° C, the medusomycete slows down growth).
- The container must be closed with a lid or a piece of clean gauze to avoid dust and insects.
- To prepare the drink, only boiled water is used (raw, and even spring water, will not work).
- Sugar is dissolved in water in advance, since the ingress of grains on the surface of the medusomycete can provoke a burn.
- A high concentration of tea leaves can inhibit the growth of the body.
- Do not put the mushroom base in hot water.
- A change in the color of the upper surface to brown is a sign of the death of the fungus.
Cambucha cannot be prepared without the use of tea, since only with it the synthesis of ascorbic acid occurs, which stimulates the development of the body.
Kombucha is stored in a dry container covered with gauze or a thin breathable cloth. Turn it over once a day to avoid mold. Once it dries up and turns into a thin plate, the mushroom base is removed to the refrigerator.
How much sugar and tea leaves do you need for 3 liters of kombucha
The amount of sugar depends on your taste preference. On average, 70-100 grams are taken per 1 liter of liquid. As for the tea mushroom infusion, 30 g will be enough for 3 liters (at the rate of 10 g per 1 liter).
How to brew a solution for kombucha into a 3 liter jar
Preparing a kombucha solution is very simple. First you need to brew tea. To do this, you can use both black and green or herbal varieties.
The brew is made with a volume of at least 2 liters, after which it is well filtered and cooled to room temperature. Then sugar is added to the solution and mixed well until it is completely dissolved. The liquid is poured into a 3 liter jar.
Kombucha recipes for 3 liters
You can prepare a drink with any kind of tea. In addition to black, herbal, floral and green varieties are actively used.
With black tea
Kombucha has many benefits that can be enhanced with additional ingredients. For example, you can stimulate the antiseptic properties of the drink by adding a couple of tablespoons of honey to the tea.
- water - 2 l;
- black tea - 20 g;
- sugar - 200 g
- Prepare the infusion: pour 2 liters of boiling water over the leaves and let it brew for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves, add sugar and cool to 20-22 ° C.
- Send the kombucha into a 3-liter jar, cover the container with clean gauze and leave in a warm, dark place for 3-5 days.
You can get a carbonated drink by pouring the ready-made solution into a container, closing it and putting it in a cool place, and wait 5 days.
With green tea
This drink takes longer to prepare. But at the same time they have a softer taste and delicate aroma. The main thing to remember is that drinking tea with meals stimulates digestion and increases appetite. Therefore, it is better to drink Cambucha between meals.
- water - 2 l;
- green tea - 30 g;
- sugar - 200 g
- Prepare the infusion: pour the leaves with 2 liters of boiled water with a temperature not exceeding 90 ° C.
- Insist for 20-25 minutes, then strain the tea leaves and cool the solution to room temperature.
- Place the kombucha in a 3 liter jar, cover it with a clean cloth and store in a warm, dark place for 3-5 days.
White or yellow tea can be used in the same way.
With the help of herbs, the drink acquires certain medicinal properties. St. John's wort and calendula are recommended for angina, blueberry leaves and parsley root - for hypertension, motherwort - for tachycardia, and rose hips - for kidney disease.
- water - 2 l;
- black tea with bergamot - 20 g;
- dry herbs (mint, oregano, lemon balm) - 30 g;
- sugar - 200 g
- Prepare the infusion: pour the leaves with a liter of boiling water and let it brew for 15 minutes.
- Brew the herbs in the remaining liter of water. Strain both broths.
- Pour them into a 3 liter container and add sugar. Cool to 20 ° C.
- Put the kombucha in a glass container with a solution, cover it with a clean cloth and store in a warm, dark place for 3-5 days.
How to pour kombucha into a 3 liter jar
Before filling the kombucha into a 3 liter volume of solution, it is thoroughly washed in spring or boiled water. It is undesirable to use raw tap water, as it contains many impurities that can negatively affect the growth of the jellyfish.
Kombucha is placed on top of the solution, after which a 3-liter container is covered with a clean piece of gauze or tulle folded in 2 layers. You should not cover the drink with a lid, as in this case it will "suffocate".
How much should a kombucha stand in a 3-liter jar
The period of infusion of a drink based on kombucha depends on the following factors:
- The age and size of the medusomycete.
- Ambient temperatures.
- The required strength of the drink.
In the warm season, 2-3 days are enough to infuse a 3-liter kombucha, while in winter this period can be extended to 5 days.
Preparing 3L Kombucha is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. Knowing all the subtleties of using this product, you can get an amazingly tasty, and most importantly, healthy drink.