- 1 Features and secrets of cooking
- 2 Selection and preparation of ingredients
- 3 How to cook frozen strawberry compote
- 3.1 How much to cook frozen strawberry compote
- 3.2 Recipe for compote from frozen strawberries in a saucepan for the winter
- 3.3 Frozen strawberry compote for a child
- 3.4 Frozen strawberry compote in a slow cooker
- 3.5 Spicy frozen strawberry compote
- 3.6 Frozen currant and strawberry compote
- 3.7 Refreshing cherry and strawberry compote from frozen fruits
- 4 Terms and conditions of storage
- 5 Conclusion
Frozen strawberry compote is a fragrant, tasty, vitamin-rich drink that can not only quench thirst, but also energize, strengthen immunity and saturate the body with nutrients. It is prepared in different ways, the process is simple, it takes little time. A minimum of products is required for the recipe. The main ingredient can be bought at the supermarket or prepared by yourself by placing ripe berries picked in the summer in the freezer.
Features and secrets of cooking
You don't need to be a professional to make frozen strawberry compote, even an inexperienced housewife can handle this. To achieve maximum results, you should adhere to certain rules:
- In order for the drink to be rich, you do not need to save on berries. Fresh-frozen fruits are more watery, so one liter of them will need at least a glass.
- To preserve the maximum amount of nutrients in the nectar, you do not need to boil it for too long.
- Strawberries can be added to compote without defrosting. Better to put it in an already boiling syrup to prevent "boiling".
- After cold treatment, the fruits become more acidic. When adding sugar to the drink, you should taste it.
- To reduce the cooking time, it is necessary to lower the strawberries in a sieve into the compote for a couple of minutes, then heat and return. After that, it is enough to boil the resulting liquid for three minutes.
- To make the drink transparent, without pieces of berries, it is recommended to strain it.
- The nectar will taste better if left to stand under a closed lid before serving.
Fresh frozen strawberry compote can be cooked with the addition of different fruits. Best of all, if it is cherries, currants, cherries or citrus fruits.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Making frozen strawberry compote is very simple. Such a drink will come out no less bright, tasty and healthy than from fresh berries, and will be a great end to dinner or lunch. There are no special rules in the preparation and selection of ingredients. The main product can be placed in a cooking pot both frozen and thawed. Although experienced housewives note that in the latter case, the main component can be very boiled. To give a more intense color, a slice of lemon or a pinch of citric acid are added to the compote, and cinnamon, vanilla and mint are added to express the taste. Sugar is usually added at the end of the boil as the fruit has the ability to absorb sweetness.
Strawberries for compote must be prepared in advance. It is carefully collected, freed from the stalks and debris, washed with water, dried, laid out in bags in small portions and frozen.
How to cook frozen strawberry compote
To cook frozen strawberry compote, you need a minimum of ingredients. The classic recipe requires only berries, sweetener and water. The rest of the options may contain other fruits or fruits, spices and herbs. A drink with the addition of orange or tangerine will turn out to be very tasty. Some housewives use honey instead of sugar.
Berries are most often put into an already boiling syrup, but you can also add them to cold water, this helps to improve the taste, but can lead to sourness. If this happens, then you should strain the resulting nectar through cheesecloth or a sieve.
You can serve the drink hot or pre-chilled, this does not affect the taste. Compote, recently removed from the fire, will help warm up, energize, and chilled - will invigorate and quench your thirst.
How much to cook frozen strawberry compote
In order for the nectar to retain as many nutrients and vitamins as possible, it should not be boiled for a long time. It is enough just to bring to a boil and hold for a little over low heat. Although some recipes involve a longer heat treatment - from 10 minutes to half an hour. The longest process is considered to be cooking in a multicooker.
It is not recommended to cook strawberry compote for more than 30 minutes, since in this case it will lose its benefits. In order for the taste of nectar to develop as much as possible, it is better to let it brew well after the end of cooking.
Recipe for compote from frozen strawberries in a saucepan for the winter
Fresh frozen strawberries can be prepared for the winter. For this you will need:
- berry - 350 g;
- water - 2 l;
- sugar - 150 g;
- lemon wedge.
Step by step preparation of frozen strawberry compote:
- Pour water into an enamel container, add granulated sugar, boil.
- Defrost strawberries at room temperature, place in syrup, cook for a quarter of an hour. Put the lemon in before the end of the process.
- Roll the finished compote into sterilized jars, turn over and cover.
Frozen strawberry compote for a child
The treat can be given to children, provided there is no allergic reaction to its main ingredient. The drink should be boiled for a short time and served immediately after preparation. The frozen strawberry compote recipe for kids requires the following foods:
- frozen fruits - 250 g;
- water - 700 ml;
- sugar - 100 g.
- Leave the strawberries for half an hour at room temperature, put them in water, wait for a boil, add granulated sugar.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Let it brew for a quarter of an hour under a tightly closed lid.
Frozen strawberry compote in a slow cooker
It is very easy to make fresh frozen strawberry compote in a slow cooker. This will require:
- freezer strawberries - 200 g;
- granulated sugar - 2/3 cup;
- water - 2000 ml.
- Place the main ingredient in the bowl of the appliance.
- Add sugar and water.
- Cook for 30 minutes on the "Braising" mode.
Spicy frozen strawberry compote
If you add spices to the delicacy, then it will acquire a very interesting and expressive taste. For such a drink you will need:
- frozen strawberries - 500 g;
- sugar - 0.1 kg;
- water - 3 l;
- cloves - 4 pcs.;
- chopped orange peel - 10 g;
- cinnamon - 1 stick.
Step by step recipe:
- Boil water, add all the spices, stir.
- Place frozen strawberries in syrup, bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes.
- Insist for half an hour.
Frozen currant and strawberry compote
Currants go well with strawberries. To cook compote from these useful berries, you need to take:
- 400 g of fruits;
- 0.2 kg of sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
- Combine water with sweetener, put on fire, wait for bubbles to appear.
- Dip frozen berries into a saucepan, cook for 3 minutes after boiling.
Refreshing cherry and strawberry compote from frozen fruits
To prepare a fragrant and refreshing cherry and strawberry nectar, you will need:
- berries from the freezer - 200 g each;
- mint - 20 g;
- sugar - 1 glass;
- water - 1.5 liters.
- Boil water, cool slightly, pour mint over it, cover, leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Combine the berries with sugar, pour over the mint infusion, cook for a few minutes after boiling.
Terms and conditions of storage
If the frozen strawberry compote is prepared for the winter, then it is poured into sterilized jars, rolled up and stored in a cellar or basement. In a cool room, without sudden temperature changes, it can be stored for up to two years.
If the workpiece is not rolled up in jars, it is made in a small volume and stored in the refrigerator for no more than three days.
Frozen strawberry compote is a great alternative to a similar drink made from fresh berries. It is especially useful in winter, when there is no opportunity to enjoy fruits from the garden. The nectar exudes a pleasant aroma, contains vitamins and nutrients, prepares quickly, and is suitable both for a daily diet and for serving at a festive table.