- 1 Is it possible to cook and drink rosehip compote
- 2 Why is rosehip compote useful?
- 3 Selection and preparation of ingredients
- 4 How to make rosehip compote
- 4.1 How to cook dried rosehip compote
- 4.2 How to make fresh rosehip compote
- 4.3 Frozen rosehip compote
- 4.4 The recipe for dried apricot and rosehip compote for the winter
- 4.5 Recipe for a delicious cranberry compote with rose hips
- 4.6 Rosehip and raisin compote
- 4.7 Rosehip and lemon compote
- 4.8 Rosehip and dried fruit compote
- 4.9 Rosehip compote without sugar
- 4.10 Rosehip compote in a slow cooker
- 4.11 Oat and Rosehip Compote for Liver
- 4.12 Rosehip and cherry compote
- 4.13 Rosehip compote with apple
- 4.14 Rosehip compote with hawthorn
- 5 How much can you drink dried rosehip compote
- 6 Contraindications and possible harm
- 7 Terms and conditions of storage
- 8 Conclusion
Rosehip compote can be prepared according to several recipes. The drink has numerous useful properties and a pleasant taste; its creation does not take much time.
Is it possible to cook and drink rosehip compote
Videos about rosehip compote note that the product is optimal for making a healthy drink. It contains many vitamins and organic acids, antioxidants and mineral components. At the same time, fresh berries have a pronounced sour taste, so it is difficult to use them in their pure form, like the fruits of other shrubs.
In compote, the nutritional and medicinal properties of raw materials are fully revealed. With proper processing, the berries almost do not lose nutrients. And if you combine them with other fruits and fruits, then the value and taste of the drink only increase.
Is it possible for children to make rosehip compote
Rosehip drink is allowed for children's use after six months of life. It improves immunity in babies, improves digestion and has a beneficial effect on mental development. But the dosages must be kept very small.
They start offering a drink to a child with 10 ml per day. After 6 months, the dosage can be increased to 50 ml, and upon reaching a year - up to 1/4 cup. In this case, sugar, honey or lemon cannot be added, it is only allowed to dilute the product with water.
Is it possible for nursing rosehip compote
During lactation, rosehip drink is very useful, it contains vitamins and minerals necessary for both the mother and the newborn baby. In addition, the product increases blood clotting and protects a woman from complications after childbirth. The immunomodulatory properties of the drink allow a nursing mother to protect herself from colds without the use of drugs.
In some cases, the product can cause allergies in the infant. Therefore, for the first time, it is consumed in the amount of a small spoon in the morning. If the child does not have a negative reaction, the dosage can be increased to 1 liter per day.
Why is rosehip compote useful?
You can use rosehip compote not only for pleasure, but also for medicinal purposes. The drink contains B vitamins, ascorbic acid and tocopherol, potassium and phosphorus, iron. When used in moderation, it:
- increases immune resistance and protects against colds;
- improves digestion and accelerates the production of bile;
- protects the liver from diseases and helps to cleanse it;
- reduces sugar levels in diabetes;
- has a diuretic effect;
- relieves inflammation and fights bacterial processes.
Rosehip compote improves blood composition and accelerates the process of its renewal. You can take a drink with anemia.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
For the preparation of a tasty and healthy product, you can take fresh or dried fruits. In both cases, the berries should be large enough, without black spots, rotting spots and other defects.
Before heat treatment, the fruits must be prepared. Namely:
- sort out carefully;
- peel off the stalks;
- rinse in cool water.
If desired, all seeds can be removed from the pulp. But since the task is quite time consuming, it is not necessary to do this.
How to make rosehip compote
There are a lot of recipes for rosehip compote. Some algorithms suggest using only berries, water and sugar, while others require the addition of additional ingredients.
How to cook dried rosehip compote
In winter, the easiest way to make compote is from dried rose hips. Prescription requires:
- rose hips - 5 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1.5 l.
The preparation is as follows:
- rose hips are sorted out and washed first with cool and then hot water;
- the berries are poured into a deep container and slightly kneaded with a mortar;
- water is poured into a saucepan and brought to a boil;
- the fruits are poured into the bubbling liquid and boiled for 5-10 minutes over high heat after boiling again.
The finished drink is removed from the stove and cooled. In order for the product to fully reveal its taste, it is necessary to insist it for another 12 hours and only then taste it.
How much to cook dried rosehip compote
Intensive heat treatment negatively affects the benefits of berries - the valuable substances in them are quickly destroyed. In order for the drink to retain the maximum medicinal properties, it takes no more than ten minutes to cook dry rosehips for compote.
How to cook dried rosehip compote for a child
A product for strengthening children's immunity is usually boiled with blueberries. The ingredients you need are the following:
- rosehip - 90 g;
- sugar - 60 g;
- blueberries - 30 g;
- water - 1.2 l.
The recipe looks like this:
- dried berries are sorted out and manually extracted from the seeds;
- the remaining raw materials are poured into 600 ml of hot water and mixed;
- close with a lid and leave for half an hour;
- filter the drink through folded gauze and pour the remaining pomace with the second part of hot water;
- insist again for half an hour, after which both portions of the compote are combined.
With this method of preparation, the drink retains a maximum of valuable properties. Sugar is added to it already at the final stage, the proportions are adjusted to taste.
How to make fresh rosehip compote
You can cook a delicious drink not only from dried, but also from fresh berries. The prescription will require:
- rosehip - 150 g;
- water - 2 l;
- sugar to taste.
A useful product is prepared as follows:
- bring water to a boil in an enamel saucepan, dissolve sugar at the same stage;
- the rose hips are carefully sorted out and, if desired, the seeds are removed, although this may not be done;
- berries are placed in boiling water and boiled for just seven minutes.
Under the lid, the vitamin compote is infused for 12 hours, and then tasted.
Frozen rosehip compote
Frozen berries are great for making a drink. It only requires three ingredients:
- rose hips - 300 g;
- water - 4 l;
- sugar to taste.
The recipe for rosehip compote in a saucepan looks like this:
- berries are thawed at room temperature or in cool liquid;
- water is poured into a large saucepan and sugar is added at your discretion;
- bring to a boil over high heat;
- the fruits fall asleep and boil for no more than ten minutes.
Pre-thawed berries can be kneaded so that they more actively give off juice during processing. Traditionally ready-made compote is infused up to 12 hours.
The recipe for dried apricot and rosehip compote for the winter
A drink with the addition of dried apricots has a beneficial effect on digestion, has a slight laxative effect. Of the ingredients you will need:
- rose hips - 100 g;
- water - 2 l;
- dried apricots - 2 g;
- sugar - 50 g.
A useful product is prepared like this:
- dried apricots are sorted out and poured with water for eight hours so that the dried fruits swell;
- rose hips are cleaned of tops and seeds, and then crushed by hand or with a blender;
- dried apricots are poured with fresh water, sugar is added and brought to a boil, and then boiled for ten minutes;
- Rosehip fruits are poured into a saucepan and kept on the stove for another ten minutes.
The finished drink is cooled under a closed lid, and then filtered. If you need to keep it for the whole winter, the product should be poured hot into sterile jars and rolled up tightly.
Recipe for a delicious cranberry compote with rose hips
Rosehip drink with cranberries is especially beneficial in the cold season, as it strengthens the immune system well. Prescription needs:
- rosehip - 250 g;
- cranberries - 500 g;
- water - 2 l;
- sugar to taste.
The algorithm for processing ingredients is simple:
- cranberries are washed and dried on a towel, and then chopped in a meat grinder;
- juice is squeezed out of the pulp, and the pulp and skins are poured with water in a saucepan;
- after boiling, boil cranberries for five minutes, and then cool and filter;
- mix the broth with the remaining cranberry juice and add sugar to your taste;
- rosehip berries are washed and poured with boiling water, and then insisted for two hours;
- knead the fruits with a mortar and boil for 10-15 minutes.
Then it remains to strain the broth and mix it with the previously prepared cranberry drink. Rosehip compote is tasted and a little more sugar is added if necessary.
Rosehip and raisin compote
Sweet raisins enhance the flavor and sweetness of the rosehip product. The ingredients you need are the following:
- rosehip - 2 tbsp. l .;
- raisins - 1 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1 l.
The cooking process looks like this:
- washed berries are passed through a blender or meat grinder;
- pour boiling water over and leave for 15 minutes;
- filter seeds and pulp through cheesecloth;
- the cake is again poured with hot water and insisted for a similar amount of time;
- filter and pour into the first portion;
- add raisins and boil the drink for 5 minutes over high heat.
The finished compote is cooled to a warm state. It can be drained again or consumed with raisins.
Rosehip and lemon compote
A drink with the addition of lemon accelerates digestion and strengthens the immune system. To prepare it you need:
- rosehip - 500 g;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- water - 3 l;
- sugar - 600 g
The algorithm for creating a drink is as follows:
- the fruits are washed and the villi are removed;
- pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil;
- boil for 15 minutes and add sugar;
- bring in juice squeezed out of half of the citrus;
- cook for another quarter of an hour.
Then the compote is removed from the stove, the second half of the citrus is cut into thin slices and added to the drink. Cover the pan with a lid and leave for half an hour. After that, the liquid remains only to strain and pour into cups.
Rosehip and dried fruit compote
Sour rose hips go well with any dried fruit - raisins, dried apples and prunes.For a vitamin mix you need:
- a mixture of any dried fruits - 40 g;
- rosehip - 15 g;
- water - 250 ml;
- sugar to taste.
Prepare the product as follows:
- dried fruits are washed and poured with cold water for six hours;
- change the liquid and send the components to the fire;
- after boiling, washed berries, previously cleaned of seeds, are added;
- add sugar at your own discretion;
- boil for another ten minutes and insist until it cools.
Strain the liquid with rose hips and dried fruits. But you can leave the product unchanged and use it with boiled fruits.
Rosehip compote without sugar
When sugar is added, the value of the rosehip drink decreases and the calorie content becomes higher. Therefore, for dietary purposes or for health reasons, it is worth preparing the product without sweetener. The ingredients you need are:
- rosehip - 50 g;
- water - 1.5 l;
- mint - 5 tbsp. l.
The cooking recipe looks like this:
- dried fruits are sorted out, rinsed and lightly crushed with a mortar;
- pour water and boil on the stove for five minutes after boiling;
- pour dried mint into the drink and heat for another five minutes;
- remove the pan from the heat and keep it under the lid until it cools.
Strain the compote from the sediment, carefully squeeze out the rest of the berries and filter the drink again. If desired, you can add 45 g of honey to improve the taste, but it is better to do without the sweetener at all.
Rosehip compote in a slow cooker
Berry compote can be cooked not only on the stove, but also in a multicooker. One of the recipes offers this list of ingredients:
- rosehip - 150 g;
- mountain ash - 50 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- water - 3 l.
The preparation looks like this:
- berries of both types are sorted out, washed and peeled from the tails;
- the fruits are poured into the multicooker bowl and sugar is immediately added;
- pour the ingredients with cold water and close the lid;
- set the "Quenching" program for 90 minutes.
At the end of cooking, the lid of the multicooker is opened only after an hour. The hot product is filtered and served on the table.
Oat and Rosehip Compote for Liver
Rosehip-oatmeal mixture well removes toxins from the body and restores liver health. To prepare a drink, you need the following components:
- rosehip - 150 g;
- water - 1 l;
- oats - 200 g.
The cooking algorithm looks like this:
- water is put on fire in an enamel pan;
- oats and berries are sorted out and washed;
- after boiling the liquid, pour the ingredients into it;
- boil fruits and oats for five minutes under a closed lid.
The finished drink is removed from the heat and wrapped in a closed saucepan with a towel. The product is insisted for 12 hours, and then filtered and taken for treatment twice a day, 250 ml.
Rosehip and cherry compote
The drink with the addition of cherries has an unusual, but pleasant sour-sweet taste. To prepare it you will need:
- dry rosehip - 50 g;
- frozen cherries - 500 g;
- sugar - 200 g;
- water - 3 l.
The recipe looks very simple:
- the washed and hairy rosehip is poured into boiling water;
- boil for ten minutes;
- add sugar and cherry fruits;
- wait for re-boiling.
After that, the drink is immediately removed from the heat and cooled under a lid, and then tasted.
Rosehip compote with apple
The refreshing drink has a good effect on digestion and improves the production of gastric juice. The ingredients you need are:
- fresh rosehip - 200 g;
- apples - 2 pcs.;
- sugar - 30 g;
- water - 2 l.
Prepare the product like this:
- the apples are washed, cut and seeds are removed, and the peel is left;
- pour the slices into the pan and add the washed berries;
- pour the components with water and add sugar;
- bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the gas and boil under a lid for half an hour.
Then the pan is removed from the stove and insisted closed for a few more hours.
Rosehip compote with hawthorn
A drink of two types of berries is especially beneficial for hypertension and a tendency to heart ailments. You will need the following ingredients:
- hawthorn - 100 g;
- rose hips - 100 g;
- sugar to taste;
- water - 700 ml.
The drink is prepared according to the following algorithm:
- the berries are sorted out, the tops are removed and the seeds are removed from the middle;
- put the peeled fruits in one container and steamed with boiling water for ten minutes;
- drain the water and knead the berries;
- transfer the raw materials to a thermos and fill it with a fresh portion of hot liquid;
- close the container with a lid and leave overnight.
In the morning, the drink is filtered and sugar or natural honey is added to it.
How much can you drink dried rosehip compote
Despite the benefits of rosehip drink, you need to take it in accordance with the dosages. Every day you can drink the remedy for no more than two months in a row, after which they take a break for 14 days. But it is best to consume the product no more than three times a week. As for the daily dosage, it is 200-500 ml, rose hips should not be drunk as abundantly as plain water.
Contraindications and possible harm
The benefits and harms of dried rosehip compote and fresh berries are ambiguous. You can't drink it:
- with chronically low blood pressure;
- with varicose veins and a tendency to thrombosis;
- with increased blood density;
- with weak tooth enamel;
- with hyperacid gastritis, ulcers and pancreatitis during an exacerbation;
- with individual allergies.
Pregnant women need to take rose hips with the permission of a doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Rosehip compote is not stored for long, it can be kept in the refrigerator for no more than two days under a tightly closed lid. For this reason, the product is prepared in small portions.
If desired, the drink can be rolled up for the winter for several months. In this case, immediately after cooking, it is poured hot into sterile jars, cooled under a warm blanket and sent to a cellar or refrigerator.
Rosehip compote can be prepared in a dozen different recipes in combination with other berries and fruits. In all cases, it remains very beneficial to the body and improves digestion and immune resistance.