- 1 Benefits of using tobacco checkers for greenhouses
- 2 In what cases is the treatment of greenhouses with a smoke bomb used?
- 3 Varieties of tobacco smoke bombs
- 4 How to use a checker in a greenhouse
- 5 Greenhouse work after using a smoke bomb
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Testimonials
The warm and humid environment of polycarbonate greenhouses provides ideal conditions for the multiplication of microorganisms, bacteria and insects. To prevent contamination of crops, shelters need to be disinfected regularly. Fumigation with tobacco smoke is a safe method of processing. Polycarbonate greenhouse tobacco stick is reliable and safe. The coating and skeleton will not suffer from it, because the active ingredient is nicotine.
Benefits of using tobacco checkers for greenhouses
The main advantages of tobacco sticks are:
- ease of use;
- they destroy diseases and pests without harming the crops planted in the greenhouse;
- tobacco smoke scares away rodents and bees;
- the smoke screen disinfects the greenhouse completely, penetrating even into hard-to-reach places;
- highly concentrated carbon dioxide released during smoldering is an excellent natural preservative, it improves plant photosynthesis, accelerates the ripening period of fruits, and the green mass becomes thicker, juicy and fleshy;
- tobacco checkers do not contain chemicals, their action is based on the destructive effect of nicotine on parasites;
- fumigation can process any area in size.
In what cases is the treatment of greenhouses with a smoke bomb used?
Processing with smoke products is carried out in the event that vegetables in the greenhouse grow and develop poorly, and their leaves are affected by pests and diseases. This is especially true for polycarbonate greenhouses, the air humidity inside which is greatly increased, which leads to the multiplication of bacteria and parasites.
Fumigation with smoke bombs effectively destroys:
- spider mite;
- earthen fleas;
- butterfly Whitefly;
Tobacco sticks can be used to prevent damage to plants, as a routine disinfection of greenhouses, to stimulate the growth of vegetable crops, and to increase the safety of fruits. Nicotine contained in them is absolutely harmless to plants, and in some crops, for example, in potatoes, eggplants, peppers and tomatoes, it is contained in small quantities.
Varieties of tobacco smoke bombs
There are several types of tobacco sticks:
All of them effectively destroy pests and infectious diseases in greenhouses, and at the same time are harmless, in contrast to sulfur bombs ("Fas").
Tobacco checker "Hephaestus" consists of tobacco crumbs and incendiary mixture. The packaging has a cylindrical shape, it is produced in a weight of 160 or 250 g. Effectively fights against many types of pests: spider mites, copperheads, aphids.Stimulates active plant growth. When opened, it quickly loses its properties. It is advisable to store unused products away from flammable substances, in a dry room at t + 20 ÷ 25 ° C. One piece is enough to fumigate a 25 m² greenhouse.
Tobacco smoke bomb "Phytophthornik" is designed to combat fungal-type diseases: powdery mildew, late blight, rust and other types of fungi. In addition to tobacco crumbs, an igniter and a combustion stabilizer, it contains an increased amount of sodium bicarbonate, which completely destroys the fungal microflora. The product is in the form of a cylinder, weighing 220 g, one piece is enough to treat an area of 35 m². Re-fumigation of the greenhouse with a tobacco stick "Fitoftornik" is carried out after 48 hours. If the packaging of the product is broken, it self-destructs.
Tobacco checker "Vulkan" is effective in the fight against late blight and all known pests of horticultural crops, has many positive reviews. The cylindrical product consists of tobacco dust, ignition mixture and cardboard membranes. To treat the greenhouse in order to stimulate the growth of crops, you will need 1 tube for 50 m², and for the destruction of insects, one piece is used for 30 m². The substances are not addictive to insects.
How to use a checker in a greenhouse
Before fumigating with a smoke bomb, the greenhouse must be carefully cleaned up, getting rid of all possible vectors of diseases and insects.
- Clear the top layer of the earth by removing leaves and dead plant bushes.
- Disassemble the racks.
- Take out all unnecessary items: boxes, pallets, containers with water.
- Wash the greenhouse cover with soapy water, paying particular attention to joints and seams where insect larvae and microorganisms can be found.
- Loosen the soil to facilitate the penetration of combustion products. Mold, parasites and their eggs in the soil will die.
- Seal the greenhouse. Seal all gaps and crevices in doors, windows and joints.
- Moisten walls and soil slightly. A smoke bomb smolders better in a humid environment.
- Arrange bricks or unnecessary metal utensils evenly. If one checker is used, then it must be installed in the center.
The calculation of the required number of tobacco sticks is done based on the area of the greenhouse and the degree of its damage.
When you need to burn a checker in a greenhouse
It is necessary to disinfect greenhouses in spring and autumn. To get rid of all the damaging factors, and not to be afraid that the planted plants will become infected, the procedure is carried out 2-3 days in a row. In the spring, smoke treatment of the greenhouse with a tobacco checker should be carried out three weeks before planting vegetable crops, and in the fall - after harvesting. After the procedure, the room is ventilated and closed until spring.
Checkers can be used during the period of active growth. There is no need to take out vegetables from the greenhouse, tobacco smoke will not harm either the plant or the fruit.
How to light a checker in a greenhouse
It is necessary to light a tobacco smoke bomb on the street. Having installed it on a pedestal of bricks, they set fire to the wick and step back a little so that the flaming flame does not touch the clothes. After 20 seconds, the fire will go out and intense smoldering will begin.
This means that you can bring it into the greenhouse. Having spread the checkers around the perimeter of the room, you should exit, closing the door tightly. The smoke will last for several hours. After fumigation, the room is ventilated and a second procedure is carried out after a few days.
Reviews of people using tobacco checkers "Hephaestus", "Phytophthornik" or "Volcano", claim that after the 1st treatment, only insects die, and after the 2nd fumigation, the larvae, which have already become adults, also die. The smoke has no effect on eggs.
A tobacco smoke bomb will not harm any person, or plants, or a polycarbonate coating, but when fumigating a greenhouse, you must follow the simplest safety measures:
- If several smoke products are used, so that the tobacco smoke does not corrode the mucous membrane of the eyes, it is recommended to wear safety glasses before the procedure.
- Long-sleeved clothing will protect exposed areas of the body from hot smoke.
- When placing checkers, you must hold your breath or put on a mask.
- Seal the room to prevent smoke escaping.
- Do not stay in the greenhouse during fumigation.
- Do not enter it earlier than a few hours after the end of the smoldering checker. The carbon monoxide must dissipate.
Greenhouse work after using a smoke bomb
After using the Hephaestus, Vulcan, and Phytophtornik smoke bombs, no special work is required. It is necessary to thoroughly ventilate the room until the carbon monoxide and smoke odor have completely disappeared, after which you can start your daily work in it. If you need to enter the greenhouse a little earlier than the smoke clears, it is recommended to use a protective mask.
Polycarbonate greenhouse tobacco stick can be used throughout the season. It does not contain chemicals, is easy to operate, effectively destroys diseases and insects that cause damage to vegetable crops. We must not forget that smoke products require caution and all actions must be performed strictly according to the instructions.