- 1 Features of composite pools
- 2 What is the difference between a composite pool and polypropylene
- 3 Pros and cons of composite pools
- 4 Types of pools made of composite materials
- 5 Rating of the best composite pools
- 6 DIY composite pool installation
- 7 Do I need grounding for a composite pool
- 8 Operation and maintenance of a composite pool
- 9 Composite pool bowl repair
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Owner reviews of composite pools
Composite pools are swimming pools made of fiberglass with the addition of special components. One of the distinctive features of structures made of composite materials is the possibility of their use not only as a seasonal structure, but also for year-round use with covering for the winter period.
Features of composite pools
Composite compounds include polymer-type products reinforced with ultra-strong synthetic fibers. The strength provided by such substances makes it possible to create an alloy that can withstand fluid pressure even in composite structures with large dimensions.
This affects the fact that manufacturers indicate the warranty period for products within 15-20 years. However, guaranteeing excellent strength characteristics of the structure, manufacturers cannot vouch for the preservation of its original appearance. It, like the elasticity indicators of a building, changes under the influence of ultraviolet radiation, temperatures, chemical compounds.
This type of alloy, according to experts, allows not only to provide sufficient strength and durability characteristics with a careful attitude to the product, but also allows manufacturers to experiment with the shape and shades of products. Others argue that there are no more than 5-6 varieties of shapes and tones of composite structures. In their opinion, this is due to the insufficient number of types of alloys of this type and the need to manufacture for the introduction of a new form of an expensive matrix, which increases the cost of the product for the buyer.
What is the difference between a composite pool and polypropylene
Before installing a composite pool in the house, summer residents compare this type of pool with polypropylene products that are the closest in performance and are competitors on the market. It is worth taking into account the design features and the nuances of the operation of both varieties:
- Pools made of polypropylene require compulsory concreting, during which the speed of work is limited by the possibility of laying only 20-30 cm of concrete per day.
- Unlike composite pools, polypropylene structures are not made of solid material, but consist of a large number of interconnected sheets.
- Common polypropylene structures are only 5 mm thick.Important! When exposed to temperature extremes, damage to the composite pool often occurs, which is almost impossible to repair.
- Structures made of polypropylene have one shade - a deep blue color, while structures made of composite materials have at least 5-6 color variations.
Compositions based on a composite during manufacturing can be filled with crumbs made of luminous materials, which, in addition to a pleasant glow, will give the possibility of additional heating of water.
Experts emphasize that the composite pools shown in the photo below are superior to polypropylene structures in all technical characteristics. However, such equipment has a slightly higher price, which, according to experts and users, pays off with high reliability and the absence of problems in installation and operation for a long period of time.
Pros and cons of composite pools
The popularity of products made from composite compositions is due to a number of their advantages, which experts include:
- Strength of the material, which is 10 times higher than that for concrete structures.
- The product is made from a monolith and is subject to control at all stages of the production cycle; with a careful attitude, the service life of such a container can reach 50 years.
- Attractive appearance, a large number of shapes and colors that make it possible to use in various interiors.
- Light weight, allowing summer residents to install equipment on their own.
- Low cost of buying, installing and maintaining the pool compared to concrete structures.
- Properties of the composition that allow for less pollution of composite pools and, accordingly, less frequent cleaning.
- Ease of maintenance, achieved through the use of components in the composition of the material that prevent the appearance and reproduction of microorganisms and mycotic structures.
- The tightness of the pool basin made of composite, achieved by making it from a single piece.
In addition, if necessary, the composite pool can be dismantled and installed in a new place. However, along with the listed advantages, experts also name a number of disadvantages of such pools, including:
- The impossibility of installing a composite pool in places of localization of electrical power, air and underground gas communications.
- Potential for the pool to float when emptying for cleaning or fluid replacement.
- The presence of deformations and bending of the pool shape, which in turn causes difficulties (the appearance of cracks) with the arrangement of the cladding in the area of the bypass zone located along the perimeter of the composite pool.
- The inability to support the pool bowl when it is installed on the surface of other structures, which in turn causes a change in the shape and size of the bowl, the deformations of which lead to the destruction of the base slabs.
- Long duration (up to 4-5 weeks) and laboriousness of installation work.
- The need to use special transport for the delivery and installation of the finished product, which increases its cost for the buyer.
- Low maintainability and high cost of restoration work.
Despite the listed disadvantages, composite pools were able to win their niche in the market and firmly hold their positions thanks to the production of high-quality and durable products.
Types of pools made of composite materials
From a variety of types and sizes, experts distinguish products that have oval, rectangular shapes, composite round pools and structures with a complex configuration. The bowls of such equipment can be made in various colors, for example, blue, greenish, brown-emerald and others.
Among the known solutions, experts call the use of advanced technology NOVA colors, which allows you to achieve a holographic effect through the use of a new color palette.Another option is to use unique color shades with 3D Bi-Luminite colors, which help to achieve different refractive and reflective indices through layering.
Rating of the best composite pools
To ensure a long service life of the pool, it is necessary to purchase products offered by manufacturers of composite pools in Russia and the near abroad, using high-quality materials. Such designs provide users with safe operation, high strength, long service life, which only according to the manufacturer's warranty is about 20 years. Among the most popular manufacturers offering customers high quality products, experts include:
- Equipment "Eri" from the Belarusian company Composit Group, which is distinguished by a favorable ratio between the cost of products and their quality.
- Toba composite pools manufactured by the Lithuanian company Luxe Pools. In addition to ensuring the required thickness of the product and its insulation, for ease of use, the manufacturer pays increased attention to the ergonomic parameters of the equipment.
- The Minipool model, produced by the Moscow company San Juan, is distinguished by a variety of shapes and colors, the common feature of which is practicality and the absence of insulation. Such products are distinguished by high indicators of strength and have an average cost on the market.
- Equipment "Victoria", "Grenada", "Rhodes Elite", produced by the St. Petersburg firm Admiral Pools, is distinguished by low prices and a wide range of products. This company manufactures pools with a depth of 2.5 m and a length of up to 14 m.
- The rating of composite pools also includes products manufactured by Compass Pools (Krasnodar). They offer consumers the equipment "Riverina", "X-Trainer", "Brilliant", the distinctive features of which are attractive appearance and high ergonomic design.
Choosing from the listed models, consumers give preference to the option that best suits the operating conditions, the purpose of the pool and the available material capabilities.
DIY composite pool installation
Before installing the structure, it is recommended to study the available methods for installing pools made of composite materials. Among them, experts include:
- installation of equipment inside a capital building;
- lowering into a prepared pit with partial deepening;
- installation in a bowl made of composite or concrete, located on the surface;
- installation on a surface located inside a closed pavilion;
- installation with the execution of a concrete curb;
- installation on a surface flush with the ground line.
When installing a pool made of composite materials, it is necessary to comply with a number of requirements regarding the safety of the structure.
Installation of a composite pool in the country on the street
Having decided to independently install a composite pool on your site, you need to prepare a space for installation. To do this, you need to use an excavator to dig a pit for the given dimensions of the structure, with a slight slope, the length of the leg of which should not exceed 50 cm.
The parameters of the pit for the arrangement make 15-20 cm more depth of the bowl for organizing a cushion of sand and crushed stone. The width of the pit is determined by the indicators of soil freezing and the degree of heaving in the region, it can be increased, depending on them, by 50-150 cm in comparison with the overall dimensions of the pool for each of its sides.
After that, it is necessary to lay plumbing communications and ensure that the liquid is drained when it is replaced. The sequence of actions when installing a composite pool with your own hands includes performing such procedures as:
- backfilling the bottom of the pit with rubble and sand;
- location of the case at the installation site using improvised means or special equipment;Important! Pools made of composite materials can be installed around the circumference of the tank on a base made of metal or wood.
- connection of equipment that ensures the drainage of liquid during maintenance and filling the bowl;
- backfilling the distance between the pit wall and the bowl body along the entire perimeter of the structure using crushed stone with simultaneous ramming;
- decoration in the form of a concrete belt, performed along the perimeter of the dug-in composite pool for the summer cottage.
Indoor composite pool installation in a house
The installation of a composite pool, carried out inside a dwelling, has a number of features, including the use of sections, the size must correspond to the width of the doorway. The installation of the structure can be carried out according to the technology described above during the construction of the building or after its completion.
The pit is made after determining the zero mark, which is tied to the existing areas. The installation of a pool made of composite materials itself includes the installation of embedded parts with the laying of water pipes in a separate room and the installation of a bowl. After that, the arrangement of the utility room is carried out and commissioning is carried out.
Do I need grounding for a composite pool
Since fiberglass is not classified as a material that has conductor properties, you can do without installing grounding. However, electrical safety rules require the use of pumps, sewage treatment plants and other electrical equipment to ensure the safety of its operation. This requirement is especially important in view of the use of metal parts such as handrails and stair treads. Thus, based on considerations of ensuring the safe operation of equipment, grounding is a prerequisite for starting to use the facility.
Operation and maintenance of a composite pool
Maintenance of pools of any type provides for regular cleaning of the bottom of the structure using a water vacuum cleaner, replacing filter elements, cleaning the liquid using special means.
The capacity of the filtration unit used should allow the entire volume of liquid filling the composite pool to pass through for 5-6 hours. Depending on the temperature of the liquid, it must be cleaned 2-3 times during the day. So, at a temperature below 24 ° C, all the liquid must be passed through the filter twice, while at a temperature exceeding 30 ° C, the entire liquid filling the composite pool is purified three times.
The instruction manual defines the methods and nomenclature of chemicals for water disinfection, measures aimed at preventing deterioration of water quality in outdoor composite pools for summer cottages.
Along with water purification with the help of chemicals in the pool, mechanical purification with the use of a filtration unit is of great importance. Separately, experts highlight the specifics of composite overflow basins, in which filtration occurs when liquid is poured into a special container through the side of the structure.
Composite pool bowl repair
The need for repairs may arise when the structure is incorrectly installed, the installation is performed with the replacement of components, or if the recommendations prescribed by the manufacturer are violated. In addition, on the market you can sometimes find fakes of children's composite pools of well-known companies, in connection with which it is recommended to purchase a pool from trusted companies or distributors who have a direct connection with the manufacturer.
To prevent the costs associated with restoring the functionality of the composite pool, experts recommend:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installing the product exactly.
- Avoid premature drainage of liquid from the pool and timely organize a drainage system with a high level of groundwater.
- When installing a composite pool on leached soil or fill soil, before installation, it is necessary to prepare a reinforced concrete slab for it with a thickness of at least 20 cm.
If the bowl is damaged, the pool must be emptied quickly and a complaint must be filed with the supplier of the product. It is necessary to describe the features of the damage, attach photographs.
Composite pools are a comfortable and durable construction. However, for their long-term operation, it is necessary to ensure the correct installation and use of the product. Among the important features regarding the specifics of installation, experts call the preparation of the site for the structure. Composite pools have rightfully occupied their niche, combining durability, ease of maintenance and beautiful appearance.
Owner reviews of composite pools