Roses have long been considered royal flowers. They were widely used for garden decoration, parks, personal plots. Of course, several decades ago, there were fewer opportunities for flower growers to create a unique landscape. Modern rose bushes lovers have a huge number of new varieties in their arsenal.
Thanks to a rich color palette, different lengths of lashes, you can create any, the most original flower arrangements. Usually, climbing roses occupy a dominant position in landscape design. The main thing is to choose a place, choose varieties and take proper care of it.
When growing climbing roses you need to pay attention not only to the formation of buds, but also to the length of the lashes. Perfection can be achieved by properly planting, pruning and grooming rose bushes.
Before planting, the seedlings of climbing varieties are soaked for 24 hours in a solution for the development of the root system, then the roots and the whole plant are examined.
After pruning, the stems and roots of the future queen of flowers are sprinkled with wood ash.
A good seedling should have 3-5 shoots, strong roots. Any damage to the rose bushes is removed. The preparation rules are shown in the picture.
The climbing rose has special requirements for the soil: lightness, nutritional value, the ability to pass oxygen and water. You can add a little lime. To increase fertility, you can use humus, phosphorus fertilizers, humus.
Climbing roses require a 50x50 pit up to 65 cm deep.At least 100 cm between the bushes are important requirements for landscape designers. When planting seedlings, it should be borne in mind that the root collar should be deepened by 10-12 cm. You need to dig holes under the future supports, as in this photo, so that later during installation, you do not damage the root system of the plant.
After planting, the soil around the climbing rose is slightly trampled, watered. Step-by-step instructions for planting roses for creating a landscape design in a garden or in the country are presented in the photo.
Further climbing rose care traditional: watering, feeding, pruning and preparing rose bushes for winter. Florists who have long been engaged in climbing varieties do not always remove the lashes from the support and bend them to the ground. Sometimes the queens of the garden can winter as in the photo.
Stages of creating landscape design
If you decide to deal with climbing varieties seriously, you need to think about where the rose garden will be located on the site. These types of curly plants prefer sunny places, but without the scorching sun. Direct sunlight has a detrimental effect on the plant itself, but, most importantly, the exoticism of the rose bush is lost.
When choosing a planting site for climbing roses, landscape designers suggest paying attention to shaded areas so that there is no wind there, and the sun illuminates the rose bushes for no more than 6 hours. The picture shows the correct arrangement of rose bushes in vertical landscaping.
Selection of plants
After you have created an approximate landscape design plan, you need to choose the appropriate varieties of the queen of the garden. You need to take into account the color range of climbing varieties. The color of the buds should be in harmony with each other.
Climbing roses according to the international classification are divided into three groups:
- They are distinguished by flexible, arched shoots 1.5-5 meters long. Shoots are always bright green with thorns. The range of colors is extensive. There are varieties with small and large flowers, double or simple, form inflorescences. Flowering is abundant and long, sometimes up to a month. The small size of the flowers with abundant flowering gives the rose bush (see photo) - harmony and grace. Leaves on rose bushes are dense, glossy, small in size. Frost resistance is high, with light frosts they feel good with light shelter.
- Plants of this group are obtained by crossing with remontant and hybrid tea varieties of roses. Shoots grow rapidly and reach a length of 4 meters. The varieties belong to lianas, they are called climbing roses. The buds are large, loose. The color palette is wide. Flowering can be in two waves. Plants are winter-hardy, little susceptible to diseases inherent in climbing roses. These climbing queens in the photo are perfect.
- Some roses begin to mutate at a certain time. And this happens by itself. But breeders choose the most exotic specimens and consolidate the properties of roses. And so the third group appeared, which flower growers fell in love with. These hardy climbing plants with large buds and a variety of colors are excellent material for designers. The lashes of climbing roses are long, powerful. But such queens of the garden begin to bloom later. Florists so curly varieties gave the name climbings. They look elegant in landscape design, as confirmation - a photo.
- Pierre de Ronsard, Flamentanz, Santana and Laguna;
- Cordes, Polka, Sympathy and Utersen Rosarium;
- Climing Peace, Aloha, Golden perfume, Elf and others.
Roses in landscape design
Curly roses are not quite creepers, although they are woven. They cling to the support with spikes. Arches, gazebos, columns can be used as a support. Plants look good on natural supports, which are trees in the garden. Often use broom, rowan, yew. Having wrapped her whips around the trunk of a tree, the queen holds herself excellently, creating a unique picture.
In the future, branches will form on each stem, on which fragrant buds will then bloom magnificently. The supports can be of various shapes and sizes. Florists must choose the right direction for the lashes. To decorate a house or balcony, the bushes are planted at a distance of 45 from the wall.
After the shoots appear, they are directed in the right direction. Some of the lashes are tied horizontally, and the rest grow up
Such a formation of a bush of climbing varieties is important for landscape design. With the help of rose bushes, you can decorate the walls of houses, fences. Even the old fence is being transformed, covered with bright, fragrant flowers. Look at the options in the photo.
What is not Monomakh's hat over the entrance to the house of pink buds.
As a rule, rose bushes focus on themselves. If you approach the landscape decor with imagination, then during the flowering of the queen of the garden, outbuildings, garages, an unsightly fence or an old stump will "disappear" on the site. Curly flower garlands will hide all the flaws. An unusual flower arrangement called a hedge will appear.
In addition to a fence for a hedge, you can adapt trellises, wood grates, metal mesh with large cells. Having dug in two pillars, they pull the wire in several rows - the stylish wall is ready.
Variants of using climbing roses for a living wall in landscape design in the photo.
If your fence is low and painted with white paint, you can plant rose bushes with pale pink colors along it.With such a fence, you can divide the working area from the garden. You will get a Provence-style garden, as in the photo below.
Arches and pergolas for roses
Climbing roses are the best landscape design material for arches, small statues and trellises. Everyone dreams of solitude, where you can dream, collect your thoughts or just relax. Blooming roses create a romantic atmosphere.
Arches can be located anywhere in the garden, they are often installed directly above the entrance to the courtyard. Such supports can be wooden, metal or even thick wire.
And as an addition - bushes and trees, various flowers. Although arches and pergolas are called classics of the style, they occupy an important place in landscape design. Look at the pictures, what could be better!
Take a look at the photo below. What an amazing solution by landscape designers: a white arch and red climbing roses!
If you want the rose to braid a pillar or arch, its shoots are arranged in a spiral, gently twisting on a support. Arch of climbing roses in the photo.
Video about climbing roses in landscape design:
In conclusion, helpful tips
There is a reverent attitude towards climbing roses in landscape design. The queen of the garden helps to create a romantic mood. The picture can be blurred if you make a mistake when choosing the color palette of climbing rose varieties. Colors should be in harmony, not oppose each other.
- White is the most loyal color. Bushes with yellow, light blue flowers can be planted next to white roses. It is good to dilute the composition with plants that have bluish foliage.
- Orange, blue, blue flowers look good next to yellow roses,
- Rose bushes with bright orange and red buds can be supplemented with plants with blue, blue flowers, or grass with yellow-green leaves.
- To roses, with orange, apricot and peach shades of buds, nothing is planted. Otherwise, they will lose their individuality.
- Red rose varieties with orange or purple hues should be planted away from each other.
Every person is a dreamer and experimenter by nature. Through trial and error, you can always find a zest in the combination of climbing roses with other plants. Create your own landscaping projects for your site and share with rose lovers, send unique photos.