In winter, the owners of private houses and suburban areas have a rest: all work in the garden and in the garden stops. The only thing that every resident of Russia has to do periodically is to clean his yard of snow. Winters are different: sometimes a broom or broom is enough, in another year you have to get a special snow shovel with a wide bucket. Or maybe this is not enough, then special equipment for snow removal will come in handy.
The simplest mechanized device for snow removal - a shovel on wheels - will be discussed in this article.
What are the snow shovels
Of course, the most productive option is considered to be a bulldozer or mini-tractor, capable of coping with huge snow masses in a matter of minutes, and this can be done practically without any effort on the part of a person. However, in private households, a snow removal tractor is rather an overkill, because the territory here is quite limited.
Most often, residents of the private sector use the following devices to fight snow:
- Flat wooden or metal shovels with a long handle, with which it is convenient to scrape off even frozen crust and remove ice.
- Bucket plastic hand shovels that are lightweight and large in capacity. With such devices it is convenient to scoop up loose snow, remove large overhangs and snow drifts.
- In more complex cases, auger snow removal devices are used, capable of independently capturing snow and removing it to the side using a screw screw resembling the inside of a meat grinder. However, such devices are suitable only for a thin layer of snow; the augers will not be able to cope with ice.
- Snow shovels on wheels are a practical solution for owners of large yards and country estates. Thanks to this technique, the back of a person is unloaded, all that is required of him is to direct the self-propelled shovel in the right direction.
Classification and models
Technique with wheels allows you to clear very large areas of snow, and this is done without much stress for a person. Models of wheel shovels for snow removal can be equipped with a motor, but such devices will cost more.
The simplest wheel mechanisms are of the manual type. Such a technique must be pushed by a person, the shovel moves according to the principle of a cart.
There are some of the most common shovel designs on wheels:
- four wheel shovel for clearing snow is often called a mini bulldozer. It consists of a metal frame with a wheel on each side. There is a large metal blade in front of the vehicle. You can adjust the blade angle, thereby collecting snow in one direction or another from the equipment. The heavy four-wheeled cart will be able to work even with wet and packed snow.
- The simplified model has only two wheels, in appearance it resembles a garden wheelbarrow. Such a shovel is less productive, but it is also easier to work with it. If unevenness is encountered on the surface, the person simply lifts the blade to avoid impact.
- The most modern model is called the "snow wolf". She looks a little funny, but in fact she showed herself perfectly. Snow blower with one wheel and the plastic bucket is very maneuverable and lightweight, easy to operate. This technique is convenient for clearing narrow paths and hard-to-reach places in the yard.
Almost all snow buckets on wheels that can be found in domestic stores are made in Russia. The model of the Electromash company is no exception.
This metal model has its own characteristics, such as:
- simple construction;
- blade made of durable steel, 2 mm thick;
- rubberized wheels;
- the ability to rotate the bucket-blade;
- the ability of the handle to change the height and inclination, adjusting to the height of the person;
- the presence of a persistent corner, thanks to which the shovel will not crash into the snow.
The bucket width of this shovel on wheels is 0.7 meters, which allows clearing snow from not only paths, but also wider streets or yards. The whole structure weighs about 11 kg, which, thanks to the rubber wheels, is practically not felt.
The design of the "Bulldozer" company is distinguished by higher productivity, since the bucket of this model is wider - 80 cm. A person of absolutely any physique and level of physical fitness will be able to operate equipment on wheels.
The model has its advantages:
- a scraper installed on the bucket will help to cope with the ice crust and protect the bucket itself from damage;
- the whole structure is made of metal, which significantly extends its service life and increases its strength;
- the blade can be adjusted by stopping in several positions (extreme right or left position or horizontal);
- the handle can also be adjusted both in height and in tilt.
Shovel on wheels will be an excellent helper in snow removal. It is especially useful where winters are harsh, with frequent blizzards and snowfalls, and is also suitable for owners of large suburban areas. Working with a power shovel is much easier and faster than a conventional hand shovel.