- 1 Is it possible to eat propolis in its pure form
- 2 Why chew propolis: medicinal properties
- 3 What diseases is it useful to chew propolis
- 4 How to chew propolis medicinally
- 5 What happens if you chew propolis every day
- 6 Can children chew propolis
- 7 Is it possible to chew propolis for gastritis
- 8 Contraindications
- 9 Conclusion
Almost all beekeeping products are used for medicinal purposes. However, the specificity of their production by insects and the content of certain substances in them require competent use. One of the most popular types of "bee pharmacy" is propolis, on the basis of which a lot of medicinal preparations are produced. The article will consider whether it is possible to chew pure propolis and how to do it correctly.
Is it possible to eat propolis in its pure form
Not all bee products are allowed to be taken in pure form. This is due to the manifestation of allergic reactions in many people. Propolis is bee resin or glue that insects use to decontaminate evidence and seal cracks. Chewing pure propolis is permissible and justified, but only under one condition. Before starting treatment, be sure to familiarize yourself with the contraindications and conduct a test for the possibility of an allergic reaction:
- Melt a piece of propolis to a viscous glue in a water bath.
- Rub into the skin of the hand at wrist or elbow level.
- Wait 15 minutes, observing the treated area.
- If redness or itching occurs, take an allergy medication and refuse to chew pure propolis.
In the absence of negative manifestations, you should still adhere to the recommended dosage and time of the treatment procedure.
Why chew propolis: medicinal properties
Propolis is a natural product that can replace a whole list of drugs.
- vitamins, minerals, amino acids;
- essential oils.
The list can be continued, but the components already listed indicate the powerful healing effect of bee glue. It has immunostimulating, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, regenerating effects. Applying the bee product correctly, you can:
- extinguish the inflammatory process;
- get rid of a cold;
- strengthen immunity;
- normalize blood pressure indicators;
- improve the digestive process;
- cleanse the body from intoxication;
- improve the health of the oral cavity and strengthen the health of the teeth;
- relieve the feeling of chronic fatigue.
The use of propolis inside improves the condition of cancer patients, if it is chewed under the supervision of a doctor.
What diseases is it useful to chew propolis
Given the beneficial properties of the bee product, it can be used for various ailments. Good results from chewing glue have been recorded in the treatment of diseases:
- Respiratory systemespecially the throat. With symptoms of sore throat, a piece weighing up to 5 g should be chewed during the day. The duration of the process should be shortened as the condition improves. In addition to relieving sore throat, the procedure prevents infection from entering the lower respiratory tract.
- Digestive tract... To relieve the condition in the stomach, propolis is recommended to dissolve in the mouth and then swallow. If you need to improve the oral cavity or reduce the degree of carious processes, then resorption or chewing a piece of bee glue is enough.Chewing propolis is beneficial for stomach ulcers. Although one should not hope for a complete cure without medical intervention.
- Pancreatic inflammation... In this case, bee glue will be an excellent help in combination with stronger drugs.
- Liver... For this important organ, the use of bee glue lies in its ability to remove intoxication from the body. This will relieve the liver and help it heal.
This is an incomplete list of diseases for which bee glue chewing is very effective. The main benefit is to strengthen the immune system, the body becomes able to fight on its own.
If you have serious health problems, you cannot rely only on the effectiveness of chewing propolis. Complex treatment is required.
How to chew propolis medicinally
Using any medicine, be sure to follow the rules for its use. Propolis should also be chewed according to the recommendations. Among them are the main ones:
- Do not exceed dosage... The rate is calculated depending on the age, gender, physical condition and characteristics of a particular person. The average dose is 3 g, but at the time of acute conditions it is increased to 10 g per day.
- Gradually accustom the body to the bee product... Start with a minimum dose (2-3 g), carefully recording your condition. If the result is positive, gradually increase the quantity.
It should be remembered that the dose is selected individually. Don't rely on someone else's experience. Depending on weight, gender or age, a completely different dosage regimen may be required.
At the time of chewing, you should definitely monitor the condition. If there is a feeling of discomfort, you need to further reduce the dose or temporarily postpone the treatment procedures.
How much propolis to chew
In addition to the dosage, the time of the procedure must be observed. It is recommended to chew propolis until insoluble grains remain from it. This is a wax that you no longer need to chew. Time directly depends on the dose used. The average chewing time for 1 g of product is 5 minutes. If the bite is larger, chewing may take up to 10-15 minutes. By the way, 15 minutes is the maximum allowed chewing time for propolis in one session. A sharp increase in duration can lead to a negative reaction of the mucous membranes in the oral cavity. The body needs to adapt to the new product.
How to chew propolis properly: before or after meals
This is an important aspect when treating with a bee product. The chewing process should be divided into stages, depending on the state of the propolis. The piece is very hard at first. At this point, you can squeeze it slightly with your teeth or dissolve it. Under the influence of saliva and mechanical movements, the glue will soften and the size of the piece will decrease. Useful components will begin to penetrate into the body.
Indigenous give less effect due to their relief structure. Particles become clogged in the bends of the teeth, which reduces the effectiveness of treatment. When the propolis piece becomes soft, the chewing movements may be more active.
Now about the sequence:
- Before eating, chewing a piece of propolis is recommended for problems with the digestive system. It is optimal to finish the process 30 minutes before the start of a meal. This time will be enough for propolis to have a healing effect, and the stomach to prepare for food intake.
- Regardless of the meal, they chew the pieces to get rid of a runny nose or problems in the mouth. The prophylactic effect of propolis is also well manifested when chewing without being tied to food.
If the disease is in its early stages, then an increase in the dose may not be required.
Can propolis be swallowed after chewing?
There remains one more important point - whether propolis can be swallowed after chewing.The answer depends on the composition of the product. It contains 30% beeswax, which is not broken down by the enzymes of the human body. Therefore, it is impossible to completely digest propolis. However, if, through negligence, a pea turns out to be swallowed, you should not be afraid. It will not bring harm, but you should not swallow the medicinal glue on purpose or regularly.
What happens if you chew propolis every day
Chewing daily is very beneficial. The main thing is to withstand the course of treatment and try not to exceed it. In order to prevent diseases, it is necessary to dissolve bee glue every day for 1-2 months. The course of treatment is 3 weeks. But the intensive version, which is used for viral or colds, cannot be more than 7 days. During this period, the bee product is consumed after 3-4 hours.
Can children chew propolis
Children are not prohibited from giving propolis for chewing, but taking into account the characteristics of a small organism. The product is very useful for babies under 5 years old who have a reduced ability of the immune system to resist pathogenic microorganisms. The only contraindication is allergic manifestations. If the child is not allergic to propolis, then the following nuances should be taken into account:
- The maximum daily dose for children aged 3-7 years is 1 g, over 7 years old and up to 12 years old - 2 g.
- Delicate milk teeth are not able to chew bee glue well, so it is recommended to grind it and mix it with a glass of warm milk. This trick will also help when your child doesn't like the taste of propolis.
The most important recommendation is not to give propolis to babies without consulting a pediatrician.
Is it possible to chew propolis for gastritis
Stomach problems require the correct use of the product. It must be chewed thoroughly, then swallowed. This is done half an hour before meals. Bee glue envelops the stomach lining, protecting it from acid. You can eat 30 minutes after swallowing propolis. You need to repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day, the total dose should not exceed 5 g. As a result of treatment, pain, heartburn and nausea are reduced.
You can chew propolis for various diseases, but first you should study its benefits and harms to the human body. Particular attention is paid to contraindications.
It is prohibited to use glue when:
- Individual intolerance to the body. Allergic manifestations of the intake of bee products should be checked in advance.
- Certain diseases of the kidneys, biliary tract, or liver. In this case, it is necessary to prepare tinctures.
- Pregnancy, especially with complications. It is impossible to find out the reaction of the fetus to the bee product, so it is better to abstain.
You also need to monitor the dose of the medication. An overdose can be as harmful as an allergy.
It is possible to chew pure propolis for many diseases and for prophylaxis. In this case, it is imperative to maintain the dosage of the therapeutic agent and the rules for its use.